See Balance Information before you get started with Bosu ball exercises. Also be sure to see a physician before starting any exercise or workout routine…
Tap an exercise to see more…
|Compressions||Leg Abduction||Push-up and Plank|
|Bodyweight Squat||Side Plank||Alternating Aerobic Lunge|
|Arm/Leg Raise||Plank Tilt||V-Sit|
Bosu Ball Exercise - 1. Compressions
- Stand on top of bubble with feet spaced evenly. Keeping torso tight, shift weight from foot to foot using arms for balance.
- Keep shoulders and hips straight. To make it more difficult, you can run on top of the BOSU.
- Repeat for the required time.
- Do this between other exercises to relax the legs and feet and to work on balance.
Bosu Ball Exercise - 2. Leg Abduction
- Stand with right foot on the top of the bubble letting left leg hang free.
- When you feel stable, try to lift left leg off the BOSU to the side or front, keeping abs are tight and shoulders level.
- Repeat for desired reps and then switch sides
Bosu Ball Exercise - 3. Push-up and Plank
- Turn the BOSU so platform is up and hold on widest portion, chest directly over
middle. Either on knees or toes, hold your body in this push-up position with abs in, body in a straight line.
- Repeat for the desired time or repetitions if completing push-ups.
- Add difficulty by bending elbows and lowering into a push-up.
Bosu Ball Exercise - 4. BOSU Bodyweight Squat
- Stand on the BOSU Balance Trainer with feet slightly forward of center.
- Bend your knees and squat, as though you are sitting back in a chair.
- Keep your back straight and your torso up and extend your arms out to help your balance.
- Lower as far as comfortable and push back up.
- Repeat for required number of repetitions.
Bosu Ball Exercise - 5. BOSU Side Plank
- Lie sideways on the ball, hip in the middle and arm on the floor for support.
- Keep your hips stacked with one foot on top of the other.
- Contract the abs and lift legs off the floor until your body is in a straight line.
- To make it more difficult, lift your lower arm off the floor.
- Hold for required time.
Bosu Ball Exercise - 6. Alternating Aerobic Lunge
- Stand on the ball and swing your left foot diagonally behind you, punching your left arm across your body.
- Bring your foot back to the ball and your arm back to your side.
- Switch to your right leg and right arm.
- For high impact, begin with your foot on top and your other foot lunging back. Jump up and switch so that the other foot lands in the middle of the BOSU and the other foot lunges.
- Repeat for desired repetitions.
This can be high or low impact.
Bosu Ball Exercise - 7. Arm/Leg Raise
- Get on all fours with your knees evenly spaced on top of the BOSU and your hands on the ground.
- Straighten one leg until it is parallel to the floor and balance by touching the toe of your bent leg to the floor.
- When you feel stable, lift the opposite arm and hold, using abs to stabilize.
- Switch sides and repeat for required repetitions.
This is basically a bird-dog on a BOSU.
Bosu Ball Exercise - 8. Plank Tilt
- Start in a plank position with your knees off the ground or you can plank from your knees.
- Keep your body in a straight line.
- Use your arms to tilt the BOSU forward and then back. You will really work your arms, back and abs on this one, so make sure you do not sag in the middle.
- Repeat for the required number of repetitions and/or time.
Bosu Ball Exercise - 9. V-Sit
- Sit with hips slightly forward on the ball and place your hands behind you on the ball.
- Lift your legs up into a V and lean torso back, keeping your back straight and abs contracted. To make it more difficult, move your hands out in front of you or even more difficult – over your head.
- Repeat for the required time.