Fish Taco Recipe, Kid-Tested Tostada, Delicious Peach and Mango Salsa Recipes
Try these easy, nutritious recipes Fish Tacos and Tostada recipes – your family will love ’em! Have some family fun with a make-your-own taco station for dinner. Offer veggie toppings like tomato, avocado, onion, black beans, and lettuce. Here’s a delicious recipe with healthy fish tacos with peach salsa.
Perfect for taco night, or any night!
Grilled Fish Taco Recipe with Peach Salsa
Grilled Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
Set the stage for a delicious plate with these healthy fish tacos with peach salsa. Perfect for a summertime taco night!
- 1 can 15.25 ounces peach halves (drained, rinsed, and chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (finely chopped, about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 red onion (finely chopped, about 1/4 cup)
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper (rinsed, seeded, and finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
For the Salsa:
For the Fish Tacos:
For the Salsa:
In a medium bowl, stir together chopped peaches, bell pepper, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, and lemon juice.
Cover and refrigerate, until you are ready to use.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Using paper towels, pat fish dry, transfer to plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, low-sodium adobo and sazon packet.
- Rub fish with spice mixture to coat completely.
- Place fish on hot greased grill grates.
- Cook, flipping once until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (145 degrees Fahrenheit), which is about 8 minutes.
- Thinly slice fish.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/2 fish fillet and about 1/3 cup of salsa.
Serve with a Summer Corn Salad, chock full of vegetables, and a quick Mango Banana Shake for your best taco night yet!
Delicious and Kid-Tested Pizza Tostada’s
Taste-tested by Byars Elementary School in Byars, Oklahoma!
Eagle Pizza will give kids the energy they need for a busy day. This versatile recipe can easily be made with help from the kids. Eagle Pizza is a tasty choice that will make everyone smile over this yummy combination of pizza and taco!
Pizza Tostada’s Recipe
A delicious combination of pizza and taco, this recipe is made with whole-grain tostada shells, refried beans, shredded cheese and a stack of colorful vegetables.
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, julienne cut “shoestring strips”
- 3/4 cup fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh romaine lettuce, julienne cut “shoestring strips”
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt free chili-lime seasoning blend
- 1 3/4 cups canned low-sodium refried beans, fat-free
- 3/4 cup fresh green pepper, seeded, and diced
- 1 1/4 cups canned, low-sodium corn, drained and rinsed
- 6 whole-grain tostada shells
- 1 cup fresh carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup low-sodium salsa, mild
- 6 tablespoons reduced fat, Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine spinach and lettuce in bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine salt-free seasoning blend and refried beans. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook green peppers, onions, and corn for 3 or 4 minutes. Set aside.
- For each pizza, place 1/4 cup of bean filling on tostada shell. Spread mixture evenly using the back of a spoon. Top with 1/3 cup sautéed vegetable mixture and lightly sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese on top.
- Place tostadas on a large baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until the cheese is melted (about 2 minutes).
- Remove tostadas from oven and top each with:
- 1 Tbsp spinach/lettuce mixture
- 2 1/2 Tbsp carrots
- 1 Tbsp salsa; about 1 Tbsp sour cream.
You can also try using 2 1/4 tsp Salt-Free Taco Seasoning Blend.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
Salt-Free Taco Seasoning Blend
Combine all ingredients. If using immediately do not add cornstarch.
Store in an airtight container.
Fantastic Mango Salsa
The sweetness of fresh mango combined with savory pepper and onion and the zest of lime gives this salsa a balance of flavors that are refreshing and crisp. Serve this appetizer with baked tortilla chips or whole grain crackers for a healthy and tasty snack.
Credit: https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes and Iowa Department of Public Health. Iowa Nutrition Network.
- 1 mango (peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (1 or 2 tablespoons)
- Peel and chop the mango, be sure to remove the seed.
- Cut the pepper and onion into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
More Lifetime Fitness Recipes & Tips…
More Taco recipes you might like…
So whether you try the Fish Taco recipe, the health tostada recipe or tap an image to buy a taco recipe cookbook, you can find healthy ways to enjoy Taco’s! Wishing you the best of health!
Please note: Tap a product image on our website and purchase from our affiliate Amazon. Amazon pays us an advertising fee (at no charge to you) for these purchases. We appreciate your patronage and thank you for your support!