Here’s our FITNESS CHALLENGE to you:
Follow these 5 simple steps…
Choose your Fitness Challenge. Pick one or more changes to your daily activities from the list below, or if you don’t see anything you like, create your own fitness challenge.
Write down how you felt the first day you made your changes – was it difficult or a little too easy? Example – if your goal is #1 from below, walk up 1 flight of stairs, see if you can talk normally or are you winded? Either way, jot that down. Note: if you weren’t winded, add another floor. Make it challenging.
Set a calendar reminder for 30 days from the day you started. On day 30, look at what you wrote the first day.
- How did you feel then compared to now?
- Were you able to continue every day?
- Did you have any setbacks?
- How do you feel about your progress?
Be sure to record your answers by writing them in your fitness journal. You may be surprised at how this will help you when you periodically review your journal.
Start your fitness challenge – increase your activity level. Mix it up and make it fun!!
Share your story – tell your friends and family what you are doing. That will motivate you to be sure you are committed.
Here are some simple lifestyle changes you can make now. Remember to have fun with it – bring a co-worker or two!
- #1 – Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator (walk up the escalator if you are just beginning). If your office is on a high floor, stop one floor below and take the stairs. After you get to your office, if you can carry on a conversation (you aren’t winded), then consider going up another flight of stairs.
- #2 – Walk or bicycle to work or when doing errands.
- #4 – Take physical activity breaks during the day. Get up, walk around and enjoy the break! And there’s no need to head to the gym at every break (buy a book on and plan a routine). Remember, your goal is to be active for the entire break – no sitting back down in a different spot.
- #5 – Reduce your use of energy-saving machines. For example, wash your car by hand, get a push lawnmower.
- #6 – When you ride a bus, walk to the next stop before boarding (or get off at an earlier stop and walk to your destination).
- #7 – Use your ideas – try new activities, such as dancing, gardening, or bowling.
Was this fitness challenge right for you? Did you have some fun?
Fantastic! Now repeat Steps 1-5 for another 30 days!
You might like…
Give this flexibility routine a try. It’s so hard to resist that we think you’ll love it…
Please note that purchases from our Amazon links support our site with advertising fees. And the best part is that there is no additional charge to you for these purchases. Thank you!