Grace’s Daily Workout Routine
Grace started exercising at a young age and she can’t imagine not exercising daily. She has always made it part of her day, with Sunday’s her day of rest. I, however, grew up in a home where relaxing in front of the TV with ice cream after a hard day at work was the norm. Daily Workout Routine? No thanks! But that’s because exercising wasn’t in our vocabulary.
And, although this wasn’t ingrained in me at a young age, doesn’t mean that I didn’t get the message. And with role models like Grace, I know that we can do it. We may not have understood the importance of exercise to our lives then, but we do now and we know that it’s never too late and we are never too old!
As promised, we’re continuing with Grace’s workout with even more exercises (and yes, they are all printable too). See the new exercise definitions with the red print in 2 brackets like this [[Print]]…
Be sure to consult your doctor before starting an exercise routine to be sure it’s right for you.
For beginners, it’s important to start with a 5 minute warm up (walking will do), try a few and be sure to breathe (take a deep breath before exerting force – exhale on exertion). Once you’ve mastered a few, add a few more to your weekly routine. Try to workout for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Don’t forget to mix the exercises after a few weeks for maximum benefit.
Grace’s Daily Workout
- Planks » 60 seconds » [Print]
- Side Plank » 30 seconds each side » [Print]
- Horizontal Scissor Kicks » 20 » [Print]
- Hamstring Curl » 2 sets of 20 » [[Print]]
- Foam Roller Plank » 2 sets of 10 » [[Print]]
- Push Ups » 20 » [Print]
- Jack Knife » 10 with an 8 lb. weight » [Print]
- Step Up » 10 on each leg » [Print]
- Leg Extension » 50 lbs 10 reps » [[Print]]
- Ab & Ad Hip
- Tricep Bench Dip » 2 sets of 10 » [[Print]]
- Bird Dogs » 10 slowly, hold 3 sec, do not touch the ground » [Print]
- Ballet Legs
- Leg Extensions
- Roman Chair Leg Raise » 10 reps » [[Print]]
- Jumps on step
- Sit-Ups » 2 sets of 10 » [Print]
- Right leg left arm
- Lunges » 10 » [Print]
- Forward Jumps » 10 reps » [[Print]]
- Tricep Extension » 10 reps » [[Print]]
- Toe touch up
- Mountain Climber » 2 sets of 10 » [[Print]]
- Air Bikes »3 sets of 15 » [Print]
- Squats » 60 – 80 » [Print]
- Pull Down Machine
- Tricep Push Downs » 5 – 5 lbs » [Print]
- Tricep Curls
- Sit / Stand
- Elliptical Machine » 20 minutes » [Print]
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to visit with us. Wishing you the best of health!
PS. Let us know if you have any difficulty printing these out, we have pinged word press for help with the printing as the links sometimes revert back to the plank. Let us know – ok?
PSS. Don’t forget – you can shop for mats, weights and other fitness equipment you need right here » [[shop]], and who doesn’t love getting a smiley package at their door when they arrive home from a hard day at work!