This seems like a simple question, but it’s not so easy to answer if you aren’t exercising now – What will motivate you to exercise? What is your motivational Jewel?
It’s very personal. You are the only person on the planet that knows that secret and can act on it (or not). What is that ‘jewel’ for you. If you don’t know what it is, will you take the time to find it?
So ask yourself – what is ‘near and dear’ to your heart? What are you afraid of? What are you proud of? What excites you?
Motivation can excitement, fear, pride – any emotion known to man can be a motivating factor for you. Here are some examples:
- A lazy person can be at the gym or home-gym more than anyone else on the planet if they are afraid of what will happen to them if they don’t exercise.
- Another person may be starting to feel small aches and pains for no apparent reason and want to feel better.
- Another person might have heard they have cancer and need to exercise if they want a better quality of life.
- Another person may like they way they look and want to feel and act as young as possible as long as possible.
- Someone else may be having a hard time getting up from a chair so they want to work on exercising those muscles so they can be independent longer.
- Another may have been exercising and are starting to feel the effects of exercise – their clothes fit better and they feel healthier so they are excited to continue.
There are lots of reasons to be motivated. I’m betting you can think of a some even better than those I’ve listed.
Now you have to find that motivation. Will you take the time to find the Jewel? If you do and you use it to get started or go a little further, I promise it’ll be well worth your while because once you get past that month mark, it becomes a habit and we all know how hard habits are to break.
So, will you find your motivation to exercise because it is good, even great for you? A jewel of a present from you to you – and once you find it – PRICELESS !
Please comment and let us know how you do – you may just motivate someone else reading this too!
As always, thanks for stopping by!