Here’s our LIFESTYLE FITNESS CHALLENGE to you:
Follow these simple steps…
Choose your Challenge. Pick one or more increases in your daily routine from the list below or create your own challenge.
Jot down how you felt the first day you made the change – was it difficult or a little too easy? Example – if your goal is #1 from below, walk up 1 flight of steps and then see if you can talk normally when you get to your office, or are you winded? Either way, jot that down. If you weren’t winded, you should add another floor. Make it challenging.
Set your calendar to check your progress in 30 days. On day 30, look at what you wrote the first day. How did you feel then compared to now? Were you able to continue every day? Did you have any setbacks? How do you feel about your progress? Record your answers – write them down in your fitness journal.
Challenge yourself to increase your activity. Mix it up and make it fun!!
Now share your story – leave us a comment on your experience and help others get motivated too!!
Repeat Steps 1-5 for another 30 days.
Here are some simple lifestyle changes you can make now. Remember to have fun with it – bring a co-worker or two!
- #1 – Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator (walk up the escalator if you are just beginning). If your office is on a high floor, stop one floor below and take the stairs. If you can carry on a conversation (you aren’t winded), then you might want to consider adding an additional floor.
- #2 – Walk or bicycle to work or when doing your errands.
- #3 – When you drive, park a little further from your destination and walk the rest of the way.
- #4 – Take physical activity breaks during the day. Get up, walk around and enjoy the break! And no, you don’t have to head to the gym at every break. But be sure you don’t sit down – go for a walk, stand and read. Go down a flight of stairs and come back up. It’s great for you to get up, but don’t negate the good by sitting back down in a different spot.
- #5 – Reduce your use of energy-saving machines. For example, wash your car by hand.
- #6 – When you ride a bus, walk to the next stop before boarding (or get off at an earlier stop and walk to your destination).
- #7 – Use your ideas – try new activities, such as dancing, gardening, or bowling.
Enjoy !! And don’t forget to share your successes – we’d love to hear from you and I’m sure your co-workers would too.
Visit our Contacts Page to send your story >> HERE << !!
Some reminders we think you might like…