Here’s our CHALLENGE to you:
Follow these simple steps…
Choose one or more increases in your daily routine from the list below or create your own challenge.
Jot down in your planner or journal how you felt the first day you made the change – was it difficult or too easy? Example – if your goal is #1 from below, walk up 1 flight of steps and then see if you can talk normally when you get to your office, or are you winded? Either way, jot that down. If you weren’t winded, you should add enough floors until you are at least slightly. Make it challenging for yourself.
Set your calendar to check your progress in 31 days. Look at what you wrote on day 1 of the 31 days. How did you feel on day 1 compared to day 31? Were you able to continue every day? Did you have any setbacks? How do you feel about your progress? Write it down.
Challenge yourself to increase your activity. Mix it up and make it fun!!
Now share your story – leave us a comment on your experience and help others get motivated too!!
Repeat Steps 1-5 for another 31 days.
Here are some simple lifestyle changes you can make now. Remember to have fun with it – bring a co-worker or two! Or create your own list !
- #1 – Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator (walk up the escalator if you are just beginning). If your office is on a high floor, stop one floor below the one you normally do and take the stairs the rest of the way. As you progress and feel like you can carry on a conversation when you get to your office, then you know you can add an additional floor.
- #2 – Use bike paths (walk or bicycle) instead of driving to work or doing errands.
- #3 – When you must drive, park a little further from your destination and walk the rest of the way.
- #4 – Take physical activity breaks during the day. Get up, walk around and enjoy the break! And no, you don’t have to head to the gym at every break. But be sure you don’t sit down – go for a walk, stand and read. Go down a flight of stairs and come back up. It’s great for you to get up, but don’t negate the good by sitting back down in a different spot.
- #5 – Reduce your use of energy-saving machines. For example, wash your car by hand.
- #6 – When you ride a bus, walk to the next stop before boarding (or get off a stop early).
- #7 – Use your ideas – try new activities, such as dancing, gardening, or bowling.
Enjoy !! And don’t forget to share your successes – we’d love to hear from you and I’m sure your co-workers would too.
Visit our Contacts Page to send your story >> HERE << !!